$525 + $40 Mandatory Red Cross Fee for Lifeguarding Certificate + $23 Mandatory Red Cross Fee for Waterfront Certificate + $20 WML Registration Fee (Total = $608).
- 15 years of age on or before the last date of the course
- Swim 550 yards (about 500 meters) continuously
- 200 yards front crawl using rhythmic breathing
- 200 yards breaststroke using pull breathe, kick, glide
- 200 yards front crawl, breaststroke or combination of both
- starting in the water, swim 20 yards using front crawl or breaststroke, surface dive 7-10 feet, retrieve a 10-pound object, return to the surface, swim 20 yards back to the starting point with the object and exit the water without using a ladder or steps, within 1 minute, 40 seconds
- swim 5 yards, submerge and retrieve three dive rings placed 5 yards apart in 4-7 feet of water, resurface and swim 5 yards to the side of the pool.
Completion and competency of precourse skills and score 80% or better on final exam. Participants must behave maturely and responsibly and must attend all classes.
- Waterfront Lifeguarding
- CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
- Oxygen Administration (optional)
- Bloodborne Pathogen Training: Preventing Disease Transmission (optional)
The course is 27 hours in class work and 7 hours at home online study based on 8 students. Participants must complete all 34 hours to be eligible for certification.
Watefront Lifeguarding/First Aid: 2 years; CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer: 1 year