$505.00 per person +$39 Mandatory American Red Cross Certification Fee + $20 WML Registration Fee
- 16 years of age on or before the last date of the course
- Complete online Blended Learning before the first day of class, link will be emailed to you once you have registered for the class
- Complete precourse session which includes:Swim the following skills at a learn-to-swim Level 4
- Front Crawl-25 yards.
- Back Crawl-25 yards.
- Breaststroke-25 yrds.
- Elementary Backstroke-25 yards.
- Sidestroke-25 yards.
- Butterfly-25 yards.
- Maintain position on back 1 minute in deep water (sculling is allowed)
- Tread water 1 minute
In order to become a Water Safety Instructor you must complete the precourse skills, attend all classes, participate and be prepared for the four teach-back assignments and score at least an 80% on the final written exam. All class participants must arrive on time, have homework assignments finished and ready for review each day of class and receive feedback from fellow classmates with maturity and an open-mind.
Once you have completed the Water Safety Instructor course you will be certified to teach:
- Learn-To-Swim (6 Levels)
- Parent and Child Aquatics (2 Levels)
- Pre-School Aquatics (3 Levels)
- Adult Aquatic Training (3 Levels)
- Water Safety Outreach, includes
- Basic Water Rescue
- Personal Water Safety
- Safety Training for Swim Coaches*
- Water Safety Today
- Water Safety presentations, which include the following:
- General Water Safety
- Home Pool Safety
- Parent Orientation to Swim Lessons
- Sun Safety
- Rip Current Safety
- Longfellow’s W.H.A.L.E. Tales
The Blended Learning content consists of 23hrs of in-class work and 7hrs of at home online study. This class includes an on-line portion that must be completed prior to the first day of class. Participants must complete all 30 hours to be eligible for certification.