$450.00 per person
- Swim 300 yards (12 laps or 24 back & forth as a continuous swim, no stopping at the side or midway.) Demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing to the side and arms must come out of the water. Candidates may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles may be used.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs. Candidates should place their hands under the armpits.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. The face may be in or out of the water. Swim goggles are not allowed.
- Surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
- Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object and keeping the face at or near the surface so they are able to get a breath. Candidates should not swim the distance under water.
- Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
Completion and competency of precourse skills and score 80% or better on final exam. Participants must behave maturely and responsibly and must attend all classes.
- CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
- Oxygen Administration (optional)
- Bloodborne Pathogen Training: Preventing Disease Transmission (optional)
The course is 27 hours long based on 10 students. Participants must complete all 27 hours to be eligible for certification.
Lifeguarding/First Aid: 2 years; CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer: 1 year
There is an American Red Cross fee of $35 that must be paid to the American Red Cross that is in addition to the WML Aquatics LLC fee for the course. The fee has been added into the Registration fee that WML Aquatics LLC will pay to the Red Cross on your behalf for the Certification.