$500.00 per person
- 17 years old on or before the last day of class
- Complete online Blended Learning before the first day of class, link will be emailed to you once you have registered for the class
- Complete precourse session which includes
- 80% or higher on written exam
- Pass all base level lifeguard skills
Completion and competency of precourse skills, oxygen administration and exam (even if participant was not previously certified,) score 80% or better on final exam. Participants must behave maturely and responsibly toward all activities including the feedback given by fellow classmates. All class dates must be attend.
- Waterfront Lifeguarding
- Waterpark Lifeguarding
- Shallow Water Attendant
- Lifeguard Management
- CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
- Oxygen Administration (optional)
- Bloodborne Pathogen Training: Preventing Disease Transmission
- Basic Water Rescue
- Jr. Lifeguard
- Safety Training for Swim Coaches
- Water Safety Presentations
- Water Safety Today
- General Water Safety
- Home Pool Safety
This class is 21 hours based on 10 students. To be eligible for certification, all class sessions must be attended and participants must complete all 18 hours.
To Maintain Certification:
Maintaining a Lifeguarding Instructor Certification Instructor candidates who successfully complete the 2017 Lifeguarding Instructor course will receive a certification valid for 2 years. Current Lifeguarding Instructors/ITs who successfully complete the Lifeguarding Instructor/Instructor Trainer Review course will also receive a certification valid for 2 years. To maintain certification as an instructor, lifeguarding instructors must:
- Complete all applicable course updates prior to the update deadline
- Teach or co-teach at least one of the core courses of record during your 2-year certification period.
- Successfully complete an in-person Lifeguarding Instructor/Instructor Trainer Review course prior to instructor certification expiration date
- Participation in the Lifeguarding Instructor/Instructor Trainer Review course meets basic-level skill competency requirements.
- Instructors who wish to achieve a basic-level lifeguarding certification to work as a Lifeguard will have the option to “test out” at the conclusion of the Lifeguarding Instructor Review course. This “test out” session includes:
- Lifeguarding precourse skills evaluation
- Lifeguarding course final skills scenarios
- Two final written exams (CPRO/First Aid and Lifeguarding Skills)
Instructors/ITs who choose to attend the “test out” session and successfully complete all basic level course requirements will earn an American Red Cross Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED certification, valid for 2 years o Basic-level certification is not a requirement to maintain a Lifeguarding Instructor/IT certification
There is an American Red Cross fee of $39 that must be paid directly to the American Red Cross that is in addition to the WML Aquatics LLC fee for the course. You will be sent a link via email by WML Aquatics that you must click on to register yourself with the American Red Cross and pay the fee.