$505.00 per person + $20 WML Registration Fee
- 17 years old on or before the last day of class
- Complete online Blended Learning before the first day of class, link will be emailed to you once you have registered for the class
- Complete precourse session which includes
- 80% or higher on written exam
- Pass all base level lifeguard skills
Completion and competency of precourse skills, oxygen administration and exam (even if participant was not previously certified,) score 80% or better on final exam. Participants must behave maturely and responsibly toward all activities including the feedback given by fellow classmates. All class dates must be attend.
- Waterfront Lifeguarding
- Waterpark Lifeguarding
- Shallow Water Attendant
- Lifeguard Management
- CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
- Oxygen Administration (optional)
- Bloodborne Pathogen Training: Preventing Disease Transmission
- Basic Water Rescue
- Jr. Lifeguard
- Safety Training for Swim Coaches
- Water Safety Presentations
- Water Safety Today
- General Water Safety
- Home Pool Safety
This class is 21 hours in person and 2 hours of at home online study based on 8 students. To be eligible for certification, all class sessions must be attended and participants must complete all 23 hours.
To Maintain Certification:
Maintaining a Lifeguarding Instructor Certification Instructor candidates who successfully complete the 2017 Lifeguarding Instructor course will receive a certification valid for 2 years. Current Lifeguarding Instructors/ITs who successfully complete the Lifeguarding Instructor/Instructor Trainer Review course will also receive a certification valid for 2 years. To maintain certification as an instructor, lifeguarding instructors must:
- Complete all applicable course updates prior to the update deadline
- Teach or co-teach at least one of the core courses of record during your 2-year certification period.
- Successfully complete an in-person Lifeguarding Instructor/Instructor Trainer Review course prior to instructor certification expiration date
- Participation in the Lifeguarding Instructor/Instructor Trainer Review course meets basic-level skill competency requirements.
- Instructors who wish to achieve a basic-level lifeguarding certification to work as a Lifeguard will have the option to “test out” at the conclusion of the Lifeguarding Instructor Review course. This “test out” session includes:
- Lifeguarding precourse skills evaluation
- Lifeguarding course final skills scenarios
- Two final written exams (CPRO/First Aid and Lifeguarding Skills)
Instructors/ITs who choose to attend the “test out” session and successfully complete all basic level course requirements will earn an American Red Cross Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED certification, valid for 2 years – there is an additional $42 fee for the American Red Cross Certification. Basic-level certification is NOT a requirement to maintain a Lifeguarding Instructor/IT certification.